Friday, June 12, 2009

Road Trip !

Well, hardly a road trip ... but I did go to see Dr. Donovan, my vet.

Mummy was concerned because my eyes were a little goopy. Off to the Vet we went. Every other trip to the Vet has been for my well-baby check ups ... today was a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Dr Donovan is training a 4th year Vet student, Jim, who gave me my initial evaluation. Since he's new at this, Jim's Scottie-side manner leaves a little to be desired. We started by looking in my eyes ... this involved a level of eye manipulation that was in my opinion, tantamount to eye gouging ... everything appeared to be fine. We ran a test for eye ulcers ... I'll call this the eye-poking part of the exam. Followed by additional tests for tear production ... again more eye poking.

Jim's diagnosis was a low-grade eye infection and allergies. Dr Donovan followed with an examination of her own. At this point, Mom stepped up as my advocate and indicated that we were pretty much done being poked in the eye. Dr D agreed.

Although I'm not a fan, I'll take my eye drops like a man ... Mom says I'm bright eyed once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers