Monday, June 1, 2009

If the Thunder Don't Get You, the Lightning Will

I think Cluny is afraid of the thunder and lightning ...

It started about 2:00 last night, Jeff woke me up because Cluny was crying. As any mother would do, I gave him (Cluny, not Jeff) a drink of water, let him potty, patted his head and sent him back to bed. After that, he woke me up every half an hour or so ... crying. We went out again, had more drink, I covered up the kennel ... all to no avail. Since he's never done anything like this, not even his first night away from his litter mates ... the only thing I can think is the lightning strikes, that continued all night, were scaring him. Anywho ... Cluny was awake most of the night (not to mention Jeff and I) and about 4:00 this morning, I finally put him in the bathroom. Although I could still hear him carrying on, it was easier to ignore him. Let's hope it was the lightiing and not a new nighttime ritual.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers