Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Ritual of Office Dog

As many of you know, my Pops has a satellite office here in the basement of our house. When Dad's got a little extra work to do, instead of heading downtown, he can just steer himself downstairs.

He and I have an interesting ritual that takes place at the basement threshhold, and it usually involves Dad, me and a few cookies. I know when he opens the door, if I am to score the oaty goodness of my heart's desire, I need only take a strategically placed seat in the doorway. If I wait on the very top step, he can't close the door behind me. So begins the sea saw wherein he tries to coax me down the stairs, and I angle for as many treats as I can get.

When I think I've run out my string, I will bound enthusiastically down the stairs, collect my chew bones, and take up my favorite spot in the middle of the office floor for my well deserved nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers