Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Own Personal Rube Goldberg Solution ...

Just the other day, Mummy was bemoaning the condition of the carpet. Apparently, she felt it was beginning to look a little dingy. I think she may have discovered the cause of her lament.

You see, in my world there is the cold hard reality of the Scottie condition ...

There are the occasions when I could really use a napkin … after dinner, a drink, or rooting around in the back yard. But as I am devoid of thumbs, I’m at somewhat of a loss. Therefore, I have to be a bit more resourceful, hence the Goldberg reference. I have discovered that the dining room carpet has all the absorbent properties I require to meet my needs.

So with front legs folded and tush up in the air, I can propel myself forward like a front end loader. Add to that a sideways tilt of the head, and I am at just the proper angle to wipe my face. More recently, I have added a side-to-side sweeping maneuver to address my shaggy beard.

Problem solved …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers