Thursday, October 7, 2010

Something a Little Out of the Ordinary ...


** I took control of the keyboard from Cluny ... Tonight, I will be your guest poster **

Last week, Jeff and I decided that we were going to start transitioning Cluny from his kennel and allowing him a little latitude ... we thought we would turn him into sort of a 'free range' Scottie.

We thought we'd start small ... so when we ran out on a quick errand, we left the door to his kennel open. Upon our return, we found Cluny in his house ... just waiting for us.

So the next time we left him alone, it was the same story ... we came home to find him sitting in his kennel, waiting for us to tell him it was okay to come out. He's behaved this way over and over again.

This afternoon as I was preparing to leave, I gave Cluny a cookie and bade him farewell ... He just stood there in the kitchen with a look on his face that I can only describe as confused. Was he trying to tell me that I'd forgotten something? "Ahem ... Mother ... see me ... here in the kitchen ... not in my house ... In.The.Kitchen ..."

As I write this ... Cluny is lying next to me ... knocked out! Does this mean that he's been wide awake all day ... and therefore, missing the endless hours of sleep that he usually enjoys while we are away. Is he nervous and angsty because he thinks he has been unintentionally left unsupervised? Which got me to thinking ... what happens after I shut the garage door to go?

What I wouldn't give for a Cluny-Cam !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers