Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Boy ...

'Tis the season for Santa, sleighs, and silver bells ... The local pet shop was offering photos of the jolly one. I'm certain that it comes as no surprise that mother made sure we were in line for this.

My first visit to St Nick called for a bath, a blow out, and three (!) yes ... three brushings. I donned a very nice plaid kerchief and off we went.

Upon our arrival, we were lucky to find just one family of labradors in front of us. The labs did not seem to enjoy their visit to Santa as the wee laddies were called up to join the family photo session.

I guess you could say that I am my mother's muse and as often as she takes my picture ... This should have been old hat for me ... should have been ...

I climbed into the jolly old elf's lap and despite my nerves struck a handsome pose.

As we were waiting for my photo to print, I was able to relax. It occurred to me that I was on my leash and I am usually expected to do my business whilst on my leash. Would today be any different? Imagine mummy's surprise to see me, right there in the store ...

Standing there, Mom sputtered, professed my house-broken-ness to all who would listen, and asked for a paper towel and a plastic bag ... Dad collected my portrait and a I got a treat from one of Santa's elves ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers